The Ball Street Journal

Filed under News

Sports Potpourri

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sports Potpourri

Teams from Texas City and Ball High competed in the District 25-5a swim meet, with the Stings qualifying five individuals and three relay teams, and the Tors sending three individuals and four relay teams to the regional competition. Ball high sent the 200-yard medley relay team (Norixa Perez, Sydney Rawls, Natalie Morales, Eileen Fuentes), in second place, the boys 200-yard medley relay team (Asher Blythe, Oliver Gault, Ulises Garcia, Christof Gualt), in third place, the girls 200-yard freestyle relay team (Norixa Perez, Natalie Morales, Eilieen Fuentes, Sydney Rawls) and in fourth place, the boys 200-yard freestyle relay team (Owen Earl, Ulises Garcia, Asher Blythe, Oliver Gualt).

Ball High also secured a victory in a soccer roundup against Santa Fe, 2 to 1. Ball high also scored a victory in varsity soccer.

Edward Hoffman took home the 2nd Place Boys medal and Gia Viggiano took home the 5th Place Girls medal at the Galveston ball Boys and Girls Winter Golf Classic at Moody Gardens today. They both shot personal bests to take home the medals. (Edward shot a 44 and Gia shot a 48). Brooke Hopkins shot a 52 for the Lady Tors to come in tied for 12th place. Reef Ellison and Michael Varela both shot personal bests for the Tors as well (reef shot a 49 and Michael shot a 54). There were a total of 60 players. Jasmine Escobar of Sam Rayburn won the girls division with a 41. Klayton Hale Galena Park won the boys division with a score of 42.