The Ball Street Journal

Filed under News

Tors Pluck Falcons

Gabe Freeman hurled 3.1 innings, giving up three runs on four hits, as the Ball High baseball team grounded the Clear Lake Falcons 10-3 Thursday afternoon at Tor Field. The win moved the Tors to 4-0-1 on the young season.

The Tor bats pounded out nine hits in the five inning game with Thomas Farmer leading the way with a perfect 3-3 afternoon including two runs scored and an RBI.  Adam Trevino, Spencer Addison, J. Enriquez and Connor Dravecky each knocked in two runs for the Tors.

Chris Orton enjoyed a two-hit outing as the Golden Tornados used nine hits and seven walks by Falcon pitchers to claim the win, icing the game in the second inning when the Tors batted around and scored six runs.

The Falcons could manage only five hits off the Tor hurlers, with no Falcon registering more than one hit. Trent Lawrence pitched 1.2 innings of scoreless relief, striking out three and giving up a lone single with two bases on balls. The game was called after five innings because of the weather.

The Tors opened the season February 15th with a 9-5 win on the road against Brazosport and followed that on the 25th with an 8-2 road win against Clear Lake. Dawson slowed the Tor onslaught on March 1 when that game ended in a 5-5 tie to move the Tors to 2-0-1. The following day the Tor baseball team hammered Langham Creek on the road 10-1, leading to the March 7 afternoon win against the Falcons and bringing the Boys of Summer’s season record to 4-0-1.

The action continues Friday afternoon at Tor Stadium with a 10 A.M. game against Clear Brook and a 3 P.M. game Dulles.

The Tors open district play Tuesday afternoon at Tor Stadium with a 2 P.M. game against the Santa Fe Indians.

Home games will be broadcast over the Internet on KTOR the Tornado.