The Ball Street Journal

Filed under News

The Last Song

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Last Song

Songs have eased souls for centuries and given inspiration to many; songs are infamously in use for many occasions such as weddings, school dances, holidays, and just casual days out, but have you ever thought about a song of death? The last song a person hears before they die, like a last meal, is a cause for inner reverence and contemplation. At Ball High School, that particular question arises, and the answers vary, keep in mind that the reasons are unknown and are solely mysteries to everyone save the people who gave input.  

The following people cared to participate in the surveys, and these are their songs: or, quite possibly, the doorway to their stories.  

Natalia Ramos: “The last song that I would listen to before I die would be The Ways by Khalid because I can relate to it on a deeper level than most other songs.” 

Jackie Fuentes: “The last song that I would listen to before I die would be If I Die Young by The Band Perry, because if I die now it would just be an ironic song to play.” 

Savannah Mist: “The last song that I would listen to before I die would be Yacht Club by Lil’ Yachty, because I want it to be turnt at my funeral.” 

Nicole Springer: “The last song that I would listen to before I die would be Wicked Games by The Weeknd because I would probably be heavy in my feelings anyway since I’m dead.” 

Katherine Haver: “The last song that I would listen to before I die would be Halo by Beyonce because I would want to see a halo above myself in the afterlife.” 

Jazmyn Mendez and Madyson Jackson: “The last song that I would listen to before I die would be Jesus Loves Me in my grandma’s voice because she’s the last voice I would want to hear before I die.” 

Jalen Williams: “The last song that I would listen to before I die would be Smile by Tupac because I would want to die happy and go out with a smile for my family.” 

Connor Drevecky: “The last song that I would listen to before I die would be In the Arms of an Angel by Sarah McLachlan because I would want to be safe and go with a beautiful song.” 

Casell James: “The last song that I would listen to before I die would be First Day Out by T. Grizzly because I’m gone, I’m going out with a banger.” 

Madison Smith: “The last song that I would listen to before I die would be Forever and Always by Taylor Swift because I love her voice and it speaks to me some type of way.” 

Oliver Gault: “The last song that I would listen to before I die would be All Star by Smash Mouth because it would take me back to my childhood so I would die with nostalgia.” 

Trenton Lawrence: “The last song that I would listen to before I die would be Highway to Hell by ACDC because I might go to Hell and I’d want to have a good ride down.”