The Ball Street Journal

Filed under Featured News, News, Sports

Order on the Court!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Order on the Court!

Junior, Bebe Galloway, led the Lady Tors against Goose Creek Memorial, with the game-winning with only 7 seconds left. Galloway said “My plan was to just shoot because either it was going to be a foul, or I was going to make it.  It feels good that I was able to do that for my team.”

Galloway led Ball High with 23 points, with 11 rebounds and nine blocked shots. Ariana Smith had 14 points and six rebounds. Lexie Laforte with seven points and nine rebounds and Brianca Houston had six points, eight rebounds and two blocks.

“Not only Bebe, but all of them constantly hustled, and you can’t ask for anything more from the kids,” said Ball High Head Coach Amanda King. “They hustled after every loose ball, and kept their wits about them. Bebe is a great leader in that regard, and the other girls did a great job with that, as well.”

“It hurts us when we don’t have our main ball handler in the game; she’s very important to the offense,” King said. “She takes some of the pressure off the post, and defensively, she’s also a huge asset.

“We have had some success so far in the season, one of the brighter spots being an 80-70 win over Hitchcock just before Thanksgiving. We have some strong starters back in Lexie La Forte (Sr), Chanielyn Galloway (Jr), and Ariana Smith (Jr). We are also looking forward to the contributions of Brianca Houston (Sr), Chyna Edwards (Sr), Breanna Batiste (Fr) and Katie Carter (So).

Up next, the Lady Tors (1-0 in District 22-5A) make the short trip to Texas City (1-0) for a game 7 p.m. Friday.